This is a pack of two AKA Racing "EVO" Chain Link Clay Compound Front 2WD Buggy Tires, for use with "EVO" wheels only. The Chain Link is the latest addition to the AKA's revolutionary 1:10 EVO line. It features a bi-level, interlocking tread pattern that creates support for the tire's carcass and treads. This addition support leads to consistency through corners and provides on-throttle stability. The Chain link has a perfect balance of forward drive and side bite which is ideal for hard packed or blue groove, indoor and outdoor tracks. Available in championship winning Clay, Super Soft, and Soft compound as tires with Red EVO inserts or pre mounted pairs on EVO wheels. As with all AKA tires, proudly designed and made in the USA.
NOTE: These tires are only compatible with AKA EVO 1/10 Buggy 2wd front wheels.
- EVO Bead: The EVO bead design uses an 1/8 scale style L-shaped bead mount. This allows the user to glue the tire to the wheel more effectively, creating a much stronger glue bond.
- Clay Compound Tires
- Red Insert (Soft): The red insert is designed to soak up the big bumps with its fluted I.D. while still holding its shape in the turns to increase corner speed and consistency.
- Tread Performance: Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and team drivers to ensure the best performance before each tire goes into production.
- Lifespan: The long life of the AKA tires is due to the collective decades of rubber compound development Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for developing some of the most successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
- Balance: Like AKA inserts and wheels, tire balance is critical to superior performance and it's a priority in AKA tires. Mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to ensure the best possible alignment of all the mold components. This results in a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
- Mold Accuracy: AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.